The Car Expert welcomes guest articles about car buying, car ownership, car culture or the automotive industry in general. However, there are a few house rules which you need to be aware of before submitting your article for publication.
We accept guest articles which are feature or opinion pieces, rather than news or reviews.
If you are submitting a press release or news information, please contact [email protected].
If you would like The Car Expert to review your car, product or service, please contact [email protected].
We receive dozens of guest post submissions every week, most of which do not attempt to address the requirements below. These will be ignored, and repeatedly sending the same thing through will not magically get your article approved. It’s also worth having a read of this article before submitting a guest post. Make our lives easier and your content will go live much more quickly.
- Articles must be original and unique to The Car Expert. Copy which has been plagiarised from elsewhere or submitted to multiple sites will not be accepted.
- Infographics will only be considered if they are accompanied by a minimum of 400 words of unique content.
- We reserve the right to edit or amend all guest articles as necessary for publication. If the author is unhappy with any of the edits made, the article will be withdrawn.
- Guest blogs will only be accepted from authors who provide full details of who they are, and who they are representing. Blog requests from “[email protected]” or similar with no further explanation will be ignored. If you represent a business or another website, please declare it up front rather than pretending you just really like writing about cars and would just love to be featured on The Car Expert…
- Guest articles must contribute useful and impartial information to a topic, and not be construed as advertising in any way for an organisation or person. Sponsored articles are welcome, but will be clearly shown as such (see Advertising).
- Guest articles are not filler material to provide links back to your client’s site. We will analyse any external links provided to determine whether they are acceptable and relevant for the article and for our website. If an external link to your client is required, please declare this as part of your submission. We reserve the right to add or replace any internal or external links to guest articles.
- Articles should be a minimum of 500 words long.
- Guest articles will be formatted to fit our standard page template, which may include banner advertisements from our providers.
- Guest authors are encouraged provide images (not copyrighted to anyone else) to accompany articles. Images should be high resolution and as large as possible (more than 1200px wide), so that they can be cropped as required to fit the website. We may substitute alternative images if the submitted ones are not considered suitable.
- Submitted articles must be in English (proper English, not “US English”). Please use good language, spelling and grammar – we get bored having to correct bloggers’ poor grasp of the English language.
- Authors must include a proper bio paragraph, either separately or at the end of their article, including a photo. Links to social media pages and profiles, etc are encouraged.
- Articles which are written clearly and include relevant images will be given publishing priority over articles which need substantial reworking or which require additional images to be sourced.
- The Car Expert does not pay for guest blogs.
- We reserve the right to accept or reject any article at any time. The editor’s decision is final.
All guest blogs should be submitted to [email protected]. If you have any questions about any of the above, just ask.
Please note that these policies are subject to review at any time.
Last updated: January 2017