fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Mitsubishi ASX or Nissan Qashqai, which should I buy?

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car Mitsubishi ASX or Nissan Qashqai, which should I buy?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lightsxsky

Dear All,

Please could you help me with your advice?

Im looking for buying a small SUV. Budget around 8000-9000 pound.

I would like to choose between 2014 Mitsubishi ASX 1.6 or 2013 Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Acenta?

Both of them got similar features regarding extras, low milage etc…Only difference, Mitsubishi ASX has Automatic Start/Stop system, Keyless operation system, entry.

I was reading lots of reviews. I could drive ASX and Qashqai in the past, but such a short distance that I cannot really say which one was better so I cannot really make up my mind.

If anyone here got some experience with ASX 1.6 or Qashqai 1.6 or both, I would love to hear your opinion regarding realibility, driving experience (is ASX more noisy etc…)

Thank you in advance.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

You should definitely try to arrange a reasonable test drive in both vehicles before buying. If your previous test drive was insufficient then arrange another one. Any reasonable dealer will be happy to help with this (it improves their chances of making a sale).

There are likely to be more used Qashqais to choose from, as it is a very popular car, whereas there are not that many used Mitsubishi ASX vehicles around to choose from. The Qashqai has a very good reputation (deservedly), but that means that its resale value is higher than the Mitsubishi’s and you won’t get as much value for your money.

Make sure you read our Ten Golden Rules for buying a car so that you are making the best decision for your needs.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.