24 Heures du Mans

Home Forums Motorsport 24 Heures du Mans

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Is anyone else going to the Le Mans 24 hours next week? This will be my fourth trip, and it is without doubt one of my favourite places in the world. I usually arrive on the Friday afternoon and leave Sunday night, but this year I will probably get there on Thursday and may stay until Monday morning.

I am hoping that the race itself won’t simply be another Audi steamroller, but even if it is, Joest allow the drivers to race all through the full 24 hours so there will at least be an intra-team battle if the Toyotas are not up to the mark.

The crowd is always good, and throw their support behind every team – especially underdogs or those who are fighting back from early difficulties. Last year, one of the LMP2 cars (I think) had suffered serious dramas in the pre-race warm-up, and the team worked frantically to get the car into the race. When it finally rolled out of the garage and into the pit lane, about 2 laps after the race had started, the cheer from the crowd was larger than for the start of the race itself. Every car that makes it to the end gets a huge cheer as well, and all weekend it is a very happy and positive atmosphere.

• #4521 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Also, please take the above as notice that I’m going to be away from tomorrow until Monday…

If you want to keep tabs on what’s happening at Le Mans, visit http://www.radiolemans.com

Reply To: 24 Heures du Mans

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1