A query about rejecting a car…

Home Forums Buying a Car A query about rejecting a car…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Nigel Little

Hi- I’m desperate for some advice please. I bought a used car from a dealer in October last year. In December (two months into the warranty period) the turbo gave up and the garage replaced it free of charge and told me that the new part had a twelve month warranty.
    In April the turbo went again, which they replaced, and it has subsequently broken down twice with the same problem.It’s at the garage now having broken down last friday. Do I have grounds to reject the car as the original fault that arose within the first six months has not been rectified?
    I’ve given them more than enough chances to put it right but I keep ending up in the same position. The reason I’ve persisted is that the garage have told me that the replacement turbo’s are failing and that this is the cause of the continuing problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Nigel

• #118544 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Nigel. You are now outside the six-month period for rejecting the vehicle under the Consumer Rights Act. It’s not impossible to reject a car after this time, but the law is now angled against you rather than in your favour.

If you formally rejected the car under the Consumer Rights Act within the first six months, you can argue that the fix has not worked. If you have not invoked the Act to reject the vehicle before now, however, you will struggle to reject the vehicle.

Reply To: A query about rejecting a car…

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1