Abarth PCP Contract. Car constantly broke.

Home Forums Car finance Abarth PCP Contract. Car constantly broke.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 7 months ago.

• Author

Patrick Whitehouse

I bought an Abarth 500 on a PCP deal back in August 2015. I’ve had nothing but problems with it and the dealer is useless.

I’ve had it 20 months and this is what work has been carried out on it:

– Rear lights replaced x2
    – Front lights replaced
    – DRL rewired
    – Whole aerial including mast etc has been replaced
    – Steering column altered
    – Exhaust sealed
    – Top mount squeaking x3 – They still haven’t resolved this as they claim they can’t hear the sound.
    – Centre caps replaced as some of the clips were broken

And today, the mount has started making a grinding noise. It’s been booked in yet again to be looked at and replaced. My dealer is saying it might not come under warranty which I don’t quite understand? It’s been in three times before its gotten this bad so surely it’s their fault for not noticing it early on?

To be truthfully honest, it’s causing me so much stress. I travel 20 miles to get to the dealer and when I go to pick it up, it’s never fixed either. I have to get my father to take time off work to pick me up from the dealer as they will not provide me a courtesy car, I have to take time off uni to get there and it’s also adding irrelevant miles onto my car and I’m also contracted to 8k pa . I’m paying over £200 a month for a car which quite frankly has never been in an acceptable condition.

Can anyone give me any advice on what I can do to resolve this legally. I’d be over the moon if I could hand the car back in and call it quits, but I don’t think that’s ever going to happen!

Cheers,

Patrick

• #111706 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick. Given that you have had the car for quite a long time now, it makes it very difficult to claim that the car has never been fit for purpose. Your best bet would be to discuss your situation with a solicitor and see if they think you have a valid claim.

Reply To: Abarth PCP Contract. Car constantly broke.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1