Advice – Skoda engine previously replaced

Home Forums Buying a Car Advice – Skoda engine previously replaced

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Iain Smith-Gillespie

Just wanted some advice around buying a second hand car. I’ve been looking for a Skoda Fabia vRS and found one offered by an official Skoda dealership. I put a deposit down to hold the car subject to test-drive but then the day afterwards they called me back to inform me that the entire engine had been replaced about 8 months ago. Apparently it was all done under warranty and has been fine since but apparently they didnt have details of exactly why the engine had to be replaced.

As its being bought from an offical Skoda dealership it comes with a years further Skoda warranty if I go ahead and buy it. My thoughts were that this should be a good thing having a new engine and all but just wondered if there is any other questions I should be asking/things I should be specifically looking out for when I test drive it?

• #97972 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Iain. It happens from time to time, and if everything has been replaced correctly then there is no reason for the car to perform any better or worse than a car with its original engine.

I’d visit some Skoda (or Volkswagen, or SEAT, or Audi) forums and see if you can find any other owners who have had major problems with that same engine type.

Reply To: Advice – Skoda engine previously replaced

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1