Autocar reviews

Home Forums Car Reviews Autocar reviews

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Angus Young Angus Young 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    andrewtaylor
    andrewtaylor
    Participant

i see that standards at Autocar are continuing to decline with some shockingly bad car reviews and the Jaguar & Land rover bias more obvious than ever. a few of the regulars here have been posting there and some of the comments seem to be disappearing if they criticize editor Jim Holder at all. That magazine and website have slid backwards terribly since he took over, can’t wait until Haymarket give him his P45.

• #4496 Reply
    Ady J
    Ady J
    Participant

I agree that Autocar is not the mag it used to be. I miss the days pre 1997 when there was alot more content and opinion rather than rehashed press releases with the occasional drive story.

The worse articles I have seen were an article about the European Nissan Note, which included a spyshot of the Note with a camo’d front end. The article said that the Euro Note will have a ‘sleek new shape’ when infact all it has is a slightly different bumper. It was obvious from the spyshot that the shape was the same, and also obvious that Nissan would keep it the same for cost reasons. It was a non-article, it didn’t need printing.

Having said that, I vistited the offices and Matt Birt showed me around. They were all very welcoming apart from Hilton who had his head buried in his PC and looked quite scary. Shame as I would have liked to speak to him more than most. Holder and Cropley were on leave that week, but Holder was the one who orgnaised it all for me, so fair play to him for that.

www.adyj.co.uk

• #4498 Reply
    artill
    artill
    Participant

I have to agree that the once great mag is rather less impressive these days. And yes i have had comments removed too. On that occasion i pointed out an error in the story.
    I still visit, and read what they have to say, but find much of the school bully behaviour on the comments quite off putting. Strange that they dont really seem to care.
    A more technical approach would be welcome, but far too often it appears they have just re printed a press release. Hopefully it will change in time

• #4512 Reply
    Angus Young
    Angus Young
    Participant

I think this tells you all you need to know about where Autocar is headed…

https://www.autocar.co.uk/puredriving

Expect to see more of this slight of hand in the future.

Reply To: Autocar reviews

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1