Best car to beat new MOT regs

Home Forums Buying a Car Best car to beat new MOT regs

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  geezer15 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

geezer15
    Participant

I have a ’59 plate BMW 318 . The rear indicator has 3 LED’s intermittently not working and the associated warning light on the dash. I understand that one LED being out is am MOT failure and the dash warning is another failure.
    I will start by saying I am really annoyed that BMW have advised me the light is a sealed unit and its cheaper to buy a pair of light housings at £150 plus fitting. A bag of led’s at Maplin are about £1.
    Now I can afford to But I don’t see why I should. The other LED’s work fine so there is no danger, There will be a delay of several weeks before I can get these delivered and fitted (nearest main dealer is an hour away) where as I could have got a 50p bulb fitted today! Not very environmentally friendly either.

Rant over

I am looking for a new premium car which will avoid all the new MOT pitfalls with less ‘useful’ technology.
    1)no LED’s
    2)minimal dash warning lights (pref just the old oil pressure warning light) and
    3) a minimum number of air bags (I am told they will be an MOT failure if ‘of date’)

Any suggestions?

I am sure I will be criticised as a being ‘techno phob’ but I just don’t think a lot of ‘advances’ are worth the trouble or cost when they go wrong.

Reply To: Best car to beat new MOT regs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1