Best place for replacement windscreen?

Home Forums Any Other Business Best place for replacement windscreen?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by liquidgold liquidgold 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    liquidgold
    liquidgold
    Participant

Hi folks. I’m sure there was a thread “elsewhere” about this not too long ago, but I’m too knackered from being a captain of industry to go looking for it.

My nephew needs a new screen for a DS3, and the best quote at £400 seems a bit steep, even allowing for the rain sensor etc. anyone got any suggestions for a better deal?

Thanks folks

LG

New, improved and a stone lighter. Where's the nearest Atom dealer?

• #3728 Reply
    evo_ermine
    evo_ermine
    Participant

I’ve just taken out insurance on a new (used) Focus and was umming and ahhing about saving 20 quid and not bothering with the windscreen cover but in the end the scary prices I’d read about for a Focus ‘screen (£600 plus) made me see sense.

Not sure of where’s the cheapest but possibly a decent used one might be an option? Assuming the seals etc are reusable. Dunno.

• #3759 Reply
    rich_uk
    rich_uk
    Participant

Stupid question but is the windscreen not covered by insurance? I’ve gone through a ridiculous amount of windscreens and gone through the insurance every time.

• #3760 Reply
    liquidgold
    liquidgold
    Participant

Unfortunately, his policy doesn’t cover the windscreen. A bit of cost reduction that has proved to be a false economy.

• #3765 Reply
    philm4000
    philm4000
    Participant

Yep I’ve had 3 windscreens in my time so this is a massive false economy. Also windscreen replacement usually doesn’t effect no claims.

• #3817 Reply
    Angus Young
    Angus Young
    Participant

On the front.

• #3946 Reply
    liquidgold
    liquidgold
    Participant

Angus Young wrote:On the front.

Cheeky!

Reply To: Best place for replacement windscreen?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1