bmw car delivery costs

Home Forums Buying a Car bmw car delivery costs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

WAYNE

recently ordered a new bmw and while waiting for delivery the dealer called me to say they have a car already local at a storing depot i beleive which could be here within the next day ready for me , it is slightly higher spec and they would give me paint protection and service pack thrown in, yesterday i settled the finance on the car and noticed that the car protection,service pack and delivery all had been added to the finance costs. delivery alone was 700.00.is this right or wrong.

• #92396 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne. Check your vehicle order and finance agreement against your original quote to make sure you are not being uphold on things like paint protection and service plans.

Dealer delivery is a part of the vehicle price. When quoting you an overall price, it would be included, but an invoice should show it separately, as it should do for road tax (VED) and anything else you have added. When you add up all the bits, the total figure should be exactly what you expected.

You will need to check that the dealer hasn’t added those things onto the quoted price.

• #93156 Reply

WAYNE

hi stuart thanks for the reply, it did work out right apart from one thing again the delivery charge, the other car offer was not coming from overseas but from 7 miles away and wondered if they can still charge the 700 delivery when the car never came from the original destination
    regards
    wayne

• #93431 Reply
      Stuart Masson
      Stuart Masson
      Keymaster

Yes, the delivery fee is a standard charge applied by BMW UK to each dealer on every new car. It covers the cost of getting the car from wherever the factory is located (usually Germany, Austria, South Africa or USA, depending on the model) to wherever the dealership is located, and is averaged out so that it is the same for every dealer and every model.

Reply To: bmw car delivery costs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1