BMW E46 M3

Home Forums Car Reviews BMW E46 M3

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  andrewjohn1315 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

wanos
    Participant

I though Id start as nobody else has…
    As the title says BMW M3 E46.
    I’ve had it a few weeks but only done a few hundred miles in it, however here is what I’ve found..it’s fast..damn quick in fact. As some of you may remember from the old forum I used to own a Mazda 3 MPS and that is a pretty quick car but the M3 takes it to the next level.
    I love it when i get in the car, and when i got in it yesterday after not being in it for a couple of weeks I smiled all the way to work. Even though it is 11 years old it feels tight and unbelievably well made, even compared to my 3 year old Mazda.
    So to conclude, the good points – performance, surprising fuel economy (over 30 on a run)build quality, ergonomics of the dashboard, the engine sounds immense,don’t know if the exhaust is standard but my god…
    Bad points – It’s a bit of an animal and always wants to play even if im just going to the shops. It’s not what I would call a relaxing drive, tram lines a bit on bumpy winding country roads, thats about it really.

Thanks Wayne

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing and bad preperation"

• #4044 Reply
    sackedstig
    sackedstig
    Participant

Man im tempted, How much do you pay insurance if you don’t mind me asking?

Going my own way since 1982, not sure where I'll end up but you're welcome to come along for the ride.

• #4045 Reply

wanos
    Participant

Insurance is only about £30 per year more than the MPS. It cost £308 Fully comp.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing and bad preperation"

• #4096 Reply
    Richard
    Richard
    Participant

How much time did you spend looking for your M3? There are always plenty round but most of them I wouldn’t want to touch with a 40 foot pole.

• #4514 Reply

jamesubrown
    Participant

It will be ideal as a powerful, reliable and well equipped daily driver. It was a wonderful car.The M3 can sound a tad tinny when cold, until things warm up the baffles sound like they are about to depart the vehicle via the rear

• #65438 Reply

andrewjohn1315
    Participant

i Think its a best car . Because of its look wise, Pickup wise and setting wise its perfect

Reply To: BMW E46 M3

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1