Bodywork issue personal lease

Home Forums Car finance Bodywork issue personal lease

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Joel

Hi,

I signed a personal lease with VWFS on an Audi A4. I’m 4 months into the contract and I’ve noticed that the driver’s door sill has been bent i.e. not lifted correctly. I’ve never had to car inspected/ lifted etc as its a brand new car, so I can only assume it has been like that since I drove it away from the dealership, possibly damaged in transport. It’s really quite unnoticeable until you inspect it up close vs the passenger side.

I’m unsure what to do, what are my rights in getting the car repaired by VWFS/Dealer. What if they refuse or somehow try to say it’s my fault? If the dealer denies responsibility then what do I do?

• #118543 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Joel. If you’re four months into your contract and the issue is on the driver’s door sill, it’s highly likely that the finance company and dealership will be reluctant to accept any responsibility.

Their arguments will be that you have stepped in and out of this door every day for the last four months and never noticed any damage, and now you have discovered a problem that you say has been there all along. They will presumably assume that the damage has been caused since you took possession of the vehicle.

Reply To: Bodywork issue personal lease

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1