Brake Pad/Disc Replacement Under PCP

Home Forums Car finance Brake Pad/Disc Replacement Under PCP

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 years ago.

• Author

– none –

Hi guys,

I’m wondering if you can help me with something which I’m confused about.

I have a MINI under PCP which is up at the beginning of December. I plan to refinance it as HP and keep it.
    Under the MINI TLC package, I’ve had all servicing included apart from wear and tear items. Every time the car has needed a service I’ve just left it in and only had to pay once or twice for things like brake fluid etc. Last week I left the car in and when collecting it was told that the brake pads and discs at the front and the brake pads at the back would need replaced in about 500 miles. I was told the cost for this would be ~£400-500.

My question is what are my options here? As I am under PCP, do I have to have this done by the dealership? Is this a ridiculous price? It seems a lot. I do roughly 1000-1500 miles a month so will need this done very soon.

Appreciate your help on this as I am a bit clueless but don’t want to be ripped off!

Many thanks,
    DM

• #50297 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi DM. If you plan to keep the car, you can do whatever you want with your car as you are not claiming the GMFV. You pay out the balloon figure and keep the car, so the finance company doesn’t need to know where you have it serviced or how many miles you are doing. It only ever matters if you are giving the car back and claiming the GMFV from Mini/BMW Finance.

In any case, the GMFV servicing issue only applies to scheduled servicing as noted in your owner’s manual and not ‘wear & tear’ work like pads, discs, tyres, battery or anything else.

Reply To: Brake Pad/Disc Replacement Under PCP

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1