Bump in a motorway car park.

Home Forums Any Other Business Bump in a motorway car park.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by joesinc joesinc 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

qwertychris
    Participant

Hello all,
    My wife recently had a small bump, the car was parked in a car park and someone drove into it. It was only a light scratch and they swapped names, phone number and e-mail but unfortunately she forgot to get any details of insurance or the reg. number of the car. The person who bumped into her is now not replying to any of our attempts to get in contact with her regarding payment. Is there any other way to find out who this person is/get in contact with her? Its not a large amount of money but it is annoying and I’d rather the person responsible paid for their mistake.
    Many thanks.

• #39644 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

I’d check with the car park operator and see if there is any CCTV footage which could assist. Without the registration number it is a bit more difficult. You can contact your insurer and see if they can chase anything based on the alleged name and number, but I guess it depends how much damage was done and whether you want to get the insurance company involved.

• #40830 Reply
    andrewtaylor
    andrewtaylor
    Participant

Are you sure that it was really ‘someone else’ who drove into ‘your wife’? Or was it you who drove into someone else and your now worried that they will track you down?

• #45520 Reply
    joesinc
    joesinc
    Participant

andrewtaylor wrote:Are you sure that it was really ‘someone else’ who drove into ‘your wife’? Or was it you who drove into someone else and your now worried that they will track you down?

Haha could be!

Whether you’re trying to cover your ass or burn someone elses almost all motorway service stations use ANPR now. I worked at one as a summer job for a few years a while back and had to hand over my reg so my car wouldn’t automatically be ticketed if it ended up sat there for 12 hours at a time (yeah, 12 hours making coffee).

Get in touch with the service station/car park operator. They don’t have to give you any info (in all honesty I’m guessing they won’t be too helpful) but there’s no harm in asking.

Reply To: Bump in a motorway car park.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1