fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Business contract hire Audi delay on car and put price up

Home page 2023 Forums Car finance Business contract hire Audi delay on car and put price up

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by MarkH.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Beaumont

Hello
      I agreed to contract hire an A4 allroad. In November, 2017. Agreed delivery was February 2017.
      February has come along and no car. I have not surrendered by old lease car and am car less.

The broker, tells me, that Audi have made a mistake and the car will not, not arrive until May. Which is wholly unacceptable. The said they would insist that Audi lend me a car.

Today I chased matters up to be told, that Audi will not lend me a car. To make matters worse, they have just told me. That road tax is going up in May and Audi are going to increase the cost of the lease by £25pm to cover the cost.

Surely they cannot be allowed to get away with this. This is breach of contract, twice? Surely? Please can you help me? What is the law on this?

Also, who oversees matters like this? Is it the Fincancial Services or Consumer bodies? Is there an ombudsman?

Thank you

Mark

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Mark. You will need to look over your contract with the broker to determine what you can do about this. You are not buying/leasing the car from the broker but from the dealership. Unfortunately, it is fairly common for brokers to make promises that can’t be kept because they have a get-out clause that it’s dealer who is responsible for supplying the car and the broker is simply an intermediary.

The broker and dealer can’t be held responsible for changes to road tax, so you are going to be stuck with that. If you don’t want to continue with the purchase, you should have plenty of justification for backing out and getting any deposit back, as the promised delivery date has long gone.

MarkH

Mark
      Curious to know if you’ve taken delivery of the A4 Allroad yet. I ordered one on the 11th Jan 2017 and I still don’t have a build date.

I’m beginning to wonder if these cars actually exist..!

Cheers
      Mark

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.