Buying a 2016 Chevy Cruze, need advice

Home Forums Buying a Car Buying a 2016 Chevy Cruze, need advice

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Yazan

Hi, im a college student who can’t really afford my car getting ruined. I am leasing a 2016 Chevy Cruze with a 2.0T engine. My lease gave me 20000 miles over 2 years(10K each), but because I have to commute 80 miles a day to college, i am at 28000 miles and counting. They charge me .25 cents after each mile and I have some damage and scratches from regular wear and tear, and general jerks smacking their doors into mine. I want to buy out the lease, but my friends keep telling me that ‘engines gonna explode’ before it hits 50000 miles, if im lucky. I’m not sure if I should buy this car or not. If I return the lease they will charge me miles and damage on the car which I’m sure I can’t afford, but if I buy out the lease, it will seem to be a bigger charge in the future because the car will apparently die soon. I’m not very educated when it comes to motor vehicles, can someone give me advice please? I don’t want to buy this car only to be unable to finish college because I cant drive.

• #123938 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Yazan. You appear to be in the USA and this is a UK site, so we can’t really advise on how your finance agreements work over there.
    Your car is also not sold in the UK, so we can’t really advise on whether it’s really likely to explode at 50,000 miles.

Reply To: Buying a 2016 Chevy Cruze, need advice

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1