Buying a car

Home Forums Buying a Car Buying a car

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ineedmoto 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Akhtar Ahamed

Hi Stuart,

I am writing as I just needed a quick question answered. I left a £200 deposit to purchase a used car and the salesperson said he would add the satnav at cost, which meant £650, but not was not spelt out in the Used Vehicle Order Form. I phoned them yesterday to say I wish to cancel the order and am happy to lose the deposit. The salesperson is now saying as they fitted the satnav, I would have to pay the additional £650. The simple question is can I just walk away by being happy to loose the £200 deposit or am I forced to pay the £650 for the satnav considering that is not on the order form.

Thank you
    Akhtar

• #119346 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Akhtar. In theory, the dealership has the right to charge you for the work they have done. However, in reality, the time and money it will cost them to pursue the matter are probably not worth it.

If they are insistent, you can probably negotiate with them. They will be able to sell the car for a bit more if it has a satnav system fitted, but it won’t be worth £650 more.

• #120526 Reply

ineedmoto

Hi

Here have a suggestion, you pay him amount and buy car, and enjoy 1 or 2 week, after that again contact to dealer to sale it, if he not help you, then you can contact to us, we will help me a lot, thanks, our website is http://www.ineedmoto.com/

Reply To: Buying a car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1