fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Can the Land Rover dealer cancel my order?

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car Can the Land Rover dealer cancel my order?

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Amy Johnson

Hi,

QUESTION – Odd one… I don’t want the dealership to cancel my order….

I have ordered a new car. The order has gone through to Land Rover and they are putting the car into build in early March. The order is in my name, i have the screen print of the vehicle cost, the monthly price, I have the reg allocated to the order with a 17 plate. Land Rover have sent me an opening letter with the free caps for the air things on the wheels.

BUT!! I haven’t signed anything or paid a deposit. Can the dealership cancel my order under any circumstances without my say so? (i don’t want them to – i want the car but I fear they may cancel the car over a personal dispute with an employee in the branch)

Is it still a contract in place as I have vehicle price, monthly payment, a welcome to the family email and a copy of the order sheet. (again, not signed by me though)

Thanks

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Amy. It is unlikely that the dealership would want to cancel your order unless there was a problem with the vehicle or the contract.

In hypothetical terms, yes they could cancel the order for any particular reason – especially since you haven’t signed a contract or paid a deposit. However, if the problem is that you have had a falling out with one of the staff members, they would usually just hand it over to someone else to manage. At the end of the day, they will still want your money.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.