Cancelling PCP in Cooling Off

Home Forums Car finance Cancelling PCP in Cooling Off

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lee B 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

Lee B

My girlfriend bought a KIA Picanto from a KIA Dealership two weeks ago and picked the car up a week ago.
    She bought it on PCP which suits her budget, all fine so far.
    However, KIA have misled her where the car is concerned and i am wondering what rights she has to cancel the PCP and have her deposit refunded as a result?
    To me they have failed in 4 areas which warrants a cancellation (details below). can anyone advise whether if it is possible to cancel or anything we need to do to ensure cancellation without being out of pocket?

1. She was told that the car tax would be £30/yr. She was told this 3 times but when she came to tax it, it cost her £140 for the year. They offered to reimburse the first year but as the PCP deal is for 4 years, i told her that it was not acceptable and that they should give her the value of 4 yeasr worth of tax, less the £30/year she expected to pay. i.e. they owe her £440

2. On checking her documents following getting the car home she found that the stated mileage was incorrect. Documents stated her Odometer reading was 2265 but actually it reads 3374. Here PCP deal allows for 6000miles/yr so she has lost quite a big chunk of that through no fault of her own. KIA have said they will enquire to see if it is possible to change as they accept that it is wrong but cant guarantee it.

3. She was told the car had parking sensors, a major selling point for her. Upon receiving the car and getting it home, we have found that there are no parking sensors. The Dealership have said that KIA will not fit them but that for a cost of £150 they will get it done locally for her. As they sold the car based on it having the parking sensors i have told her that they should foot the bill, though even with that i am concerned that having them done locally with affect the KIA Waaranty in some way?

4.Gap Insurance. She was sold GAP Insurance at point of sale, which i thought was not longer allowed, as customers had to be given 2 days post sale (to allow them to source their own MUCH cheaper quote?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. We’re going in to see them this afternoon but am expecting things to be difficult. Thanks in advance.

Reply To: Cancelling PCP in Cooling Off

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1