Car for new driver over 27 years old

Home Forums Buying a Car Car for new driver over 27 years old

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by andrewtaylor andrewtaylor 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Garrick

Hi guys I’m looking for some advice.
    Here is my situation.
    I am 27 years old and looking to buy my first car. By trade I am a Personal Trainer. The only reason I am buying a car is to help boost my creditably. I hate to say but as a business professional, it just doesn’t look professional rocking up on a push bike.

So I’m looking for a car that’s cheap to run, I’ll only really use it for the 10 mile round commute to work. I think my budget will be around 10k and I’ll think I’ll probably get a credit card from the bank as I have a perfect credit score. I would also consider a new car on finance it it helped get me what I need.
    Obviously being a new driver I know that the insurance is going to cost nearly the same as the car. So that is also something that needs to be taken into consideration with what ever car I choose. I would love something like a Audi A3 but know that the insurance would kill me.
    So in summary I am 27 year old, looking for a car that’s cheap to insurance and run that looks professional.

I hope this makes sense.
    Thanks

• #40352 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

If you are a new driver, then your insurance will be a killer on pretty much anything. The car itself is probably only going to be a minor consideration (unless you choose something high performance and massively expensive). Your lack of driving history and no-claims bonus will be the biggest issue for you.

• #40828 Reply
    andrewtaylor
    andrewtaylor
    Participant

OP. Do you realise that your post makes you sound like a complete tw*t? Buy a car that does the job and stop worrying about how pretty you look or how big your guns are

Reply To: Car for new driver over 27 years old

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1