Car registration plates

Home Forums Buying a Car Car registration plates

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 months ago.

• Author

Tim

So to start off with I bought a 1995 Jaguar of a older man who lives 10 minutes away from me the car had private reg plates on it and he only stated that he wanted these back after I purchased the car so I collected the car and parked it off the road as it is SORN anyway took the plates off and delivered them to his house the same day.

One week later I contacted him to make sure he’d sent the log books of to which I received no answer so I waited a few more days and then received a text saying he’d (found) the log books so I went to his house to try and make sense out of the text… what he actually meant was the DVLA had sent him a brand new log book once he notified them that he’d taken his private plates off….So again I asked for this log book and his wife came out saying she’d ripped the log book down the middle and didn’t know where the other half was (funny) swing how they’d only had this new log book for one day…anyway she had filled the part she did have in with my details and passed it to me so I went straight to the post office and sent them off recorded delivery two days ago from now

Then last night I went on a website called (number1plates) to purchase the original reg plates for 43 pound they took the payment and then afterwards informed me that they needed proof I own the car so in email form I explained the whole story to them and they are adamant that they can’t send me the plates without the v5 document so today I contacted the DVLA to see how long this will take for me to receive the new log book and they said up to four weeks but surely there’s a quicker way for me to get proof I own the car so I can get my plates delivered?

• #117475 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Tim. The DVLA is infamous for moving at the speed of a snail in slow motion, so you’ll have to wait.

Four weeks is the usual timeframe for getting a replacement logbook, because apparently it’s still 1957 in Swansea.

Reply To: Car registration plates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1