Car video games

Home Forums Any Other Business Car video games

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by The Colonel The Colonel 4 years ago.

• Author
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

What are your favourite car video games?  Do you prefer Forza to Gran Turismo?  Need for Speed or Project Gotham Racing?  F1 2012 or Colin McRae?  Let us know!

• #3132 Reply
    Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Forza 4 is fun, but I wish there was more control over race length and opposition.  The Codemasters F1 series is brilliant but I find I need to spend a few hours at a time to be consistent enough to be competitive.  Forza is better when you only have half an hour or so for a bit of racing.

• #3188 Reply
    liquidgold
    liquidgold
    Participant

Although I have both, I prefer Forza to GT5, although I’m not entirely sure why.

Rather brilliantly, I split the last 2 years’ apprentice intake into 2 teams for a ‘Great Egg Race’ type event at work. The objective – to produce a universal racing seat based around a Fanatec Porsche wheel, pedals and gearshifter kit, the only bought-in item being a rather nice actual racing seat.

Lots of positives – the apprentices put to use their newly acquired skills in CAD, laser cutting, folding, welding,turning, machining, powder coating, costing and marketing.

The real winner – LG – who has got the winning entry set up at home. Might get round to marketing it at some point, as it is really smart, and we could make it pretty competitively!

Have recently been playing Asphalt 7 on the iPad – very arcadey, but disturbingly addictive.

New, improved and a stone lighter. Where's the nearest Atom dealer?

• #3199 Reply
    The Colonel
    The Colonel
    Participant

Because I am cheap I tend to get the F1 games a season or two behind. So I have 2010 on the Wii and 2011 on PS3. When I say I, of course, I mean my daughter. I, umm, she also has Mario Kart Wii, the daddy of them all, obviously, and also F1 Race Stars which I have grown to like.

I am rubbish at them all, but if I’m on my own they sometimes help to kill a few hours, especially as I’ve just discovered that the 44 year old black woman from Stockwell looking for love I’ve been after is a pig ugly Scottish bloke knocking on 60.

"Who do you think is the most capable?"

"Capable of what?"

• #3213 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

The real winner – LG – who has got the winning entry set up at home. Might get round to marketing it at some point, as it is really smart, and we could make it pretty competitively!

Hmmm, I could use one of those at TheCarExpert.co.uk’s secret volcano lair!

• #3235 Reply
    Angus Young
    Angus Young
    Participant

I am rubbish at them all, but if I’m on my own they sometimes help to kill a few hours, especially as I’ve just discovered that the 44 year old black woman from Stockwell looking for love I’ve been after is a pig ugly Scottish bloke knocking on 60.

I am, though, partial to wearing a school uniform, so it’s not all bad!

• #7152 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Anyone tried the new F1 2013 game yet? I’m waiting until I have some free time to buy and play it, mainly because I like the idea of driving the 1980s and 1990s cars more than the 2013 cars, which I assume will drive similarly to the 2012 versions. I also like the idea of driving around Imola, Jerez, Estoril and Brands Hatch much more than the same Tilkedromes which have filled up most of the last 3 years of games.

• #7197 Reply
    The Colonel
    The Colonel
    Participant

The Guardian gave it a reasonable review based, largely, on the vintage element of it. I was pleased that their one actual complaint, matches mine (about 2011, at least) and that is the (continuation of) the application of penalties, which is a bit crap.

When, in 2015, I have bought and played it, I will come back with my own view on it.

:)

"Who do you think is the most capable?"

"Capable of what?"

Reply To: Car video games

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1