Car wheel alignment question

Home Forums Technical Discussions Car wheel alignment question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  – none – 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Hi,

I got my front car wheels aligned today but I don’t really now enough of the procedure and what the results mean. So I’ve uploaded an image for second opinions to see if it was done correctly.

Now of course I know the general consensus is that if it’s highlighted in red it hasn’t been done properly. But is this the case? Is the caster angle (first red bars 2°38’/2°29′) meant to be in red i.e. positive?

The top diagram is the initial alignment and the bottom is the final product.

Image: https://i.imgur.com/6ZzSbzq.jpg

• #64626 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

I’m not familiar with wheel alignment procedures, but every car will have different manufacturer settings (ie – it’s not supposed to be 0 degrees for every setting) and tolerances. If you have questions about the work done, you should be asking the garage to explain why some results have moved from green to red and so on. You have every right to question their work and seek explanations. If they are a good business then they will happily take the time to explain what the results mean.

If you are not happy with their answer, you can call another garage and ask them questions to see what they say about it. If they are giving you a different answer to the first, you can explore further.

• #64969 Reply
    sledge
    sledge
    Participant

Looks properly done… the highlighted red fields are values which cannot getting corrected by the mechanic. In the most cases. The important values like camber and line of your front and rear axle are okay!

Life is a bloody game, but the graphics are awesome!

• #66126 Reply

From 11 years of experience in vehicle engineering I can tell you that the graph looks good, you have nothing to worry about.

Reply To: Car wheel alignment question

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1