Citroen C1 clutch fault

Home Forums Technical Discussions Citroen C1 clutch fault

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 8 months ago.

• Author

melissa

Hello. I currently own a 2013 Citroen C1, it has done 18,500 miles and I have been informed by a garage that the clutch has failed, after researching I have found this is a very common fault on this car.

I bought the car in 2015, but after looking on the internet a blueprint for a clutch replacement kit was brought out in 2014, my car is a on lease with motorpoint, should the clutch have been upgraded before it was sold to me as I am now awaiting the response from a warranty company that I paid extended warranty for to decide if they will agree to the repair?

Many thanks for any advice on this

Mel

• #111136 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Mel. Decisions as to whether to provide a repair or replacement campaign for known issues are usually decided by the manufacturer based on what it would cost to replace all the dodgy parts with the likely cost of not replacing them – unless it’s a safety issue where the driver, passengers or other road users could be endangered.

Clutches are always tricky issues because they are a wear-and-tear item and directly affected by driving style. If you have had this car for around two years now (and it’s a four-year-old car), there is little chance of getting any recompense from the finance company or Citroen UK. Your warranty company is the best bet, but there’s no guarantee you will be covered.

Reply To: Citroen C1 clutch fault

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1