Civic or Focus

Home Forums Buying a Car Civic or Focus

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  classiccars070 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

– none –

Hi,

I have decided to buy a second hand car and my budget is around 7.500£. For this budget it seems I can get a Ford Focus Mk3 (1.6 125 bhp) from 2011 or Honda Civic Mk8 (1.8 138 bhp) from 2009 or 2010. Both cars around 40k-50k miles.
    I used to have the Ford Focus 2 facelift and it was a very reliable car and fun to drive.
    Do you guys have any opinions about these two cars? I haven’t tried any of them.
    Reliability is the most important for me. I don’t have kids(yet), is just me and my wife. We live in London and we will use the car mostly during the weekends for getting out of the big city and for going to the local supermarkets for the usual shopping.

Thank you

• #61575 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Both are perfectly decent cars, so most opinions will come down to personal preference. I haven’t spent much time driving either, so I’m not a lot of help. Try both and see if you prefer one; other than that you should look at service history, condition and equipment as they could be more important in the long term.

• #62147 Reply

classiccars070
    Participant

I’m all for mixing it up.. Go for the Honda, it’ll be a nice change.

Reply To: Civic or Focus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1