Climb Dance II?

Home Forums Motorsport Climb Dance II?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Angus Young Angus Young 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Being a fan of both Sebastien Loeb and Pikes Peak, I am very much looking forward to this:

Climb Dance II?

(Gratuitous link to the original amazing video for anyone on the planet who has never seen it)

• #3691 Reply
    philm4000
    philm4000
    Participant

That is one of my favourite clips on youtube. Fearless driving.

• #3864 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Peugeot has revealed the specs for its new challenger, and it’s almost a short wheelbase 908 LMP…

https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107020

In fact, calling it a 208 seems a bit pointless. Still awesome, though it is now a very different event without the gravel.

• #3941 Reply
    Richard
    Richard
    Participant

philm4000 wrote:That is one of my favourite clips on youtube. Fearless driving.

Mine too. Amazing bravery

• #4224 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Excellent news. Peugeot has remastered the original film…

• #4513 Reply
    Angus Young
    Angus Young
    Participant

Oh no, what a disappointment. They’ve tarmac’d the road…

What a complete pansy!

On a serious note, this is typical of todays PR driven world: Take something heroic and remake it with a better budget and no-one will notice that it completely misses the point as long as it’s all shiny. And before you show the deed you drip feed your audience so that by the time you finally get to the actual even it has no impact whatsoever. In the old days it would have taken your breath away not only by its audacity but also because it would have been right out of the blue.

I’m afraid I’m just “meh” over this now. Seriously, was there not another spectacular unmade road somewhere where they could have equalled the daring? Ah, but then they wouldn’t have had the Pikes Peak ‘brand equity’ to splash all over their PR. I’m sure Mr L will drive spectacularly, but meh, just meh.

Reply To: Climb Dance II?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1