Clio Sounding strange

Home Forums Technical Discussions Clio Sounding strange

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  parkerm 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

parkerm
    Participant

Hi All,
    I have a Clio and when I go round corners I hear a knocking sound.
    Its like something is moving around my car but there is nothing on the floor.
    I mainly hear it behind the drivers seat in the foot-well of the rear passenger

• #13786 Reply

Daniel

knocking sounds are hard to identify. A sound that appears to come from one area can actually come from somewhere else entirely. Completely empty the car and get a friend to listen out for the noise whilst you drive. Get him to sit in a different places in the car. If possible on a quiet road or car park get him to stand outside while you drive round him (direction changes/different speeds). This will identify hopefully the source of the sound which will give you more information.

If its happening when you go round corners it could be a wheel bearing, does it depend what direction you go around the corner?
    It could also be that something has failed and worked loose: brake calipers; springs; dampers.
    Also check its not something really simple like a seat bracket or the rear bench seat not properly in place. Have you recently moved anything bulky or had any work done?

• #21631 Reply

parkerm
    Participant

Hi Daniel
    Thank you for your advice on this.
    I did take your advice and got a friend in the back and took him for a drive, he could hear something rolling around in the foot-well in the back but there was nothing there.
    I couldn’t figure it out so found a garage on approvedgarages.com and booked it in. They cam back with a ball was loose in my fuel tank that was rolling around. Who knows how this came loose, I wonder if its a regular problem with the Clio’s.
    The down side apart from having to pay for the fix was I lost some fuel too as they had to drain my tank to fix the problem. But at least its fixed now and I can have a noise free drive.
    Cheers for your help.

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Daniel wrote:</div>knocking sounds are hard to identify. A sound that appears to come from one area can actually come from somewhere else entirely. Completely empty the car and get a friend to listen out for the noise whilst you drive. Get him to sit in a different places in the car. If possible on a quiet road or car park get him to stand outside while you drive round him (direction changes/different speeds). This will identify hopefully the source of the sound which will give you more information.
    If its happening when you go round corners it could be a wheel bearing, does it depend what direction you go around the corner?<br>
    It could also be that something has failed and worked loose: brake calipers; springs; dampers.<br>
    Also check its not something really simple like a seat bracket or the rear bench seat not properly in place. Have you recently moved anything bulky or had any work done?<br>

<hr>
    <div class=”bbpress-quotes”> <span id=”quote-reply-13786″ style=”display: none;”>Daniel</span>Quote</div>

• #21633 Reply

parkerm
    Participant

Sorry this has posted twice for some reason.

Reply To: Clio Sounding strange

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1