Consumer protection – new Jaguar faulty before delivery

Home Forums Buying a Car Consumer protection – new Jaguar faulty before delivery

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Brian

I ordered a new Jaguar for September delivery. I signed the paperwork and balance of deposit 2 days before delivery so the dealer could tax the car. 1 day before delivery they now tell me they have found a fault and are waiting for a part from the manufacturer. They do not, as yet, know when it will arrive. I am unhappy about repairing my brand new car in this way. It is clearly faulty and therefore not as described or fit for purpose (they won’t let me drive it due to the nature of the fault). Can I reject the vehicle using the consumer protection legislation and obtain a full refund?

• #95300 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Brian. This might be tricky. The Consumer Rights Act refers to problems after delivery and your right to reject the vehicle. However, you haven’t taken delivery so the 30-day ‘clock’ hasn’t started and that legislation may not apply.

I would suggest you visit the excellent legal advice site legalbeagles.info for a legal opinion. Or you may need to seek formal legal advice from a solicitor.

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1