Corsa cutting out

Home Forums Technical Discussions Corsa cutting out

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  phill davies 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

phill davies

Hi, hope someone can help.
    I have a 1.7 tdi Vauxhall Corsa on a 52 plate that i use to go to work and back.
    It started a while ago dropping power and the fault light with the spanner on it coming on but if you left it maybe 10 minutes an re started it would be back to normal. I noticed that if i kept the revs under 3000 then it would go fine and not be a problem.
    Recently however it started to splutter slightly but i put it down to me being in too high a gear and not enough revs, then the other day i started it to come home from work and it cut out so i restarted it, not thinking anything of it, and it did it again. I thought maybe i had not unlocked the doors correctly and the immobiliser had kicked in and stopped it, so i locked it and re opened it and it started and ran fine all the way home and all the way back to work the following day. Then on the way home it cut out on the road, i did the same thing of locking and opening it and it went fine. Then 2 days ago on the way home it cut out completely and will not restart. Any ideas?? i have checked all the fuses and relays but they are ok.
    I was thinking possibly the crank sensor as i m told they can be troublesome.
    Thanks in advance.

Reply To: Corsa cutting out

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1