Drive a UK car while living abroad?

Home Forums Blogs Drive a UK car while living abroad?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jonathan 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

jonathanmaes
    Participant

Hello to all Experts,

I’ve been trying to get some info about buying a car in the UK while I still live in Belgium, and I hope you can give me some info.
    Our plan is to live and work in Scotland starting from May 2014. Now we still work and live in Belgium. Because we don’t have a car right now here in Belgium, we would like to buy one in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK.
    We will be visiting Scotland in January and we hope to be able to buy and register one in that period and take it back to Belgium to use it here.
    I don’t really know where to start, because I don’t know what papers I need and so fort.

Does anybody have a idea or experience in this regard?

Thanks for your time and help

Regards

Jonathan

• #16193 Reply

Daryl James

I worked in Scotland for two years in the early 2000s. Not sure about the laws now, but back then I was able to buy one from a dealer and have them keep it in storage for me. Best bet is to see if you can negotiate something with a dealer, as many of them will work with you if you are coming from out of country to work. Hope that helps.

• #16377 Reply

Jonathan

That’s interesting and good if we wouldn’t need the car in Belgium. The goal is to be able to register it in Scotland and then drive it to Belgium and use it meanwhile.

Thanks for responding

Reply To: Drive a UK car while living abroad?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1