Error on mileage allowance

Home Forums Car Reviews Error on mileage allowance

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

lilly76
    Participant

Hi,first time posting so forgive any mistakes! I have a car on pcp agreement with ford that I am over 2years into, due to a change in personal circumstances I have had to VT my agreement. I believed I would have nothing to pay as the car is in excellent condition and within its agreed mileage, or so I believed. I received my paperwork accepting my request for VT and it advised that my mileage should be 14,500 i immediately called the finance company to challenge this as I know when I took out the agreement I understood my allowance to be 12,000PA which would mean I am still within my allowance having done 33,000 miles, anyway they sent me a copy of signed agreement which does state 6,000 miles, I am confident that I would have not knowingly signed for this amount as my job involves driving and would clock up that amount in no time!! I have also spoken to the dealership and requested that they find my original paperwork to be checked which I am still waiting for.Am I going to be fighting a loosing battle here? I know I would never have signed for such low mileage,I’m worried i am going to be left with a hefty outstanding amount that I just can’t pay! Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

• #65683 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

If it’s a VT, the mileage is irrelevant. Have a read of our article about voluntary terminations.

You should have a copy of your finance agreement in your records, as they are required to give you a copy of the agreement, the pre-agreement and the summary of charges.

Reply To: Error on mileage allowance

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1