F1 2014 is go!

Home Forums Motorsport F1 2014 is go!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Well, the new season is upon us and it promises to be a bit of a mystery.  Round 1 comes live from Melbourne this weekend (in case you hadn’t already checked out The Car Expert’s swanky new calendar).

Will Mercedes drivers Rosberg and Hamilton run away at the front?  Will the Williams with their new Martini stripes really be able to challenge for wins?  Do Ferrari have what it takes, and how will Kimi and Fernando compare with one another?  And can Red Bull make it to halfway without breaking down?

The floor is now open, all opinions welcome.

Williams Martini Mercedes FW36

• #25397 Reply
    The Colonel
    The Colonel
    Participant

I was at the GP and to say the sound of the cars was a disappointment would be a massive understatement. David Coulthard did a run in his old Red Bull and that car made more noise than the combined pack through turns 1 and 2. Not least the V8s.

Fans don’t care about fuel saving. Something will have to change, otherwise they’ll risk promoters pulling out.

That being said I thought it was a good race, overall, and some very nice driving. Despite Lewis Hamilton’s retirement, I’d argue that Ferrari had the weaker of the weekends. Nice to see how Aussies are soooo impartial with regards to Sebastian Vettel.

"Who do you think is the most capable?"

"Capable of what?"

• #25473 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

On TV, you certainly didn’t get the impression that there was any great noise difference because it’s so muted anyway. The noise of the old cars was always one of the things that shocked newcomers, even if they had seen other types of racing before.

I think there’s a happy balance to be had, and that tweaks can be put into place for 2015. A number of the commentators and TV pundits were talking about how you could hear the tyre noise, the PA system and the crowd much more simply because they weren’t all drowned out by the screaming engines. Plus even on TV you could hear the differences between the three engine manufacturers, which wasn’t really discernible with the old V8 engines.

Reply To: F1 2014 is go!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1