Fault in heater system (Vauxhall Corsa)

Home Forums Any Other Business Fault in heater system (Vauxhall Corsa)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Carole 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Carole

Hi, I purchased a brand new Vauxhall Corsa in March 2017 and have subsequently had a problem in that when the heating system is on it makes a noise that gradually increases the longer it is on -to the point where I have to eventually turn it off as it is so irritating.

I reported this to the Vauxhall dealer where I purchased the car and having checked the vehicle they gave it back to me saying that in order to get rid of the noise they had put some sort of cushioning inside. However, when I took the car away the noise was still apparent so I reported it again. This time my car was in for a week, when it was stripped down(so I was told) and the heater unit replaced. Yet again when I had my car back the noise was still there.

My car went into the garage for a third time and this time they had it for four weeks during which time it was stripped down again and a new air conditioning unit put in. During the time my car was at the garage both myself and my husband rang for updates and we have been told that this particular noise is found across the whole of this years Corsa range although the garage did hint that it was more noticeable in my car than in others !!

Today we have had a phone call asking us to collect the car as there is nothing else the garage can do as they have tried everything they can think of. They have arranged for a Vauxhall technician to come and inspect my car in early November and we are to await his verdict. We did ask today if we could actually sit in other Corsas to here for ourselves this ‘feature’ but they sat us in 3 other cars that weren’t in fact 2017 models. As we drove away from the garage I could have cried as straight away the noise is there.

What do I do if the Vauxhall technician also says there is nothing else that can be done. I am being asked to tolerate a noise that shouldn’t be there and paying for the privilege!

• #122442 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Carole. Noises are difficult to deal with under the Consumer Rights Act as they are generally subjective issues rather than objective problems. If the heater unit is still working correctly (apart from the noise), then it is difficult to reject the car as faulty.

If you are not getting help from the dealer, you can contact Vauxhall head office directly and try to find out more about the problem.

• #123425 Reply

Carole

Thanks for your reply
    Yesterday the technician from Vauxhall inspected my car, without me being given the opportunity to be present or speak to him and his verdict was that the noise from the heater is within acceptable tolerance levels so that’s that apparently.
    I have taken legal advice and have contacted the finance company for help and advice

Reply To: Fault in heater system (Vauxhall Corsa)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1