Faulty speedometer

Home Forums Technical Discussions Faulty speedometer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shane 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Shane

Hi,bought a Kia Sorento 09 plate 55000 miles less than four months ago.within a day I noticed a problem with the speedo where on deceleration it takes a dive of 5-10 mph before recovering.immediately contacted dealer by email and he agreed to check it out and diagnosed sensor which he replaced to no affect.recently tried a different speedo still no better.dealer now saying he can do no more and that’s what the warranty is for.i don’t believe this is correct as the fault was there almost immediately and even if the warranty company paid up I would still have to pay for diagnostics and the claim limit may not cover repair.just wondered where I stand.thanks,Shane.

• #111496 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Shane. I’d say that you will need to go through your warranty process. The fault does not sound to be significant enough to warrant rejection under the Consumer Rights Act, as the speedo is apparently still working except momentarily under deceleration.

• #111623 Reply

Shane

Problem is that’s it’s getting worse each day and even when not decelerating when going downhill it’s flickering 5_10 mph for a few seconds.when driving a few days ago along a flat piece of road with no deceleration it dropped about 20 mph before recovering and now under braking sometimes Speedo goes up.surely it’s up to dealer to sort as problem was there within first day of ownership.i did ask dealer to get his auto electrician to check it out but he said his man was not interested.sirt if feel fobbed off.dont see why i should have to pay for diagnosis only for warranty company to say it’s not covered.thanks,Shane.

Reply To: Faulty speedometer

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1