Ferrari 458 Speciale – hot or not?

Home Forums New and News Ferrari 458 Speciale – hot or not?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ryan 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

With the Frankfurt Motor Show around the corner, manufacturers are unveiling their latest concept and production vehicles. Using nothing more than first impressions based on the information currently available, the wise men and women of The Car Expert forums shall judge whether the new metal is any good.

This one doesn’t even really require debate. Is the Ferrari 458 Speciale any good?

• #5174 Reply
    liquidgold
    liquidgold
    Participant

I’m sure its immense. I nearly had a funny 5 minutes and put my name down, but then reality struck. Yes, you get more power, and thats always good. I’m not sure I need the active aero for the A518, though. Then the case gets less compelling, as (although spec not yet released), a load of the interior bits you get included in the ‘basic’ £176k version are removed to reduce weight, but I am reliably informed that they can be re-added to the spec of the £212k Speciale at extra cost.

On reflection, if I bought it, I’d end up paying around £265k to get the car I’ve already got, but with the addition of 45bhp (good), active aero (no benefit to me) and a body kit complete with strip (discuss…).

A fantastic thing for track users and collectors, but mere mortals would be better advised to leave alone.

Bet it makes a fair noise, though…

New, improved and a stone lighter. Where's the nearest Atom dealer?

• #5179 Reply
    The Colonel
    The Colonel
    Participant

I’m not a Ferrari aficionado. The world is a better place for them, but the same holds true for butter. A “lighter” butter isn’t necessarily better than the full, fat, version that most would be happy to use, in moderation, for regular everyday use.

"Who do you think is the most capable?"

"Capable of what?"

• #5194 Reply
    Angus Young
    Angus Young
    Participant

An ugly and discordant amendment to an otherwise fantastic looking car. The Speciale should have looked better, not worse.

• #16715 Reply

ryan
    Participant

Very much so. Does it out do the new McLaren is a bigger question?

Reply To: Ferrari 458 Speciale – hot or not?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1