Finally bought my dream car :)

Home Forums Buying a Car Finally bought my dream car :)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Smithd223 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Ady J
    Ady J
    Participant

Hello,

If you remember me from the Autocar forum days, you’ll probably remember that I would argue with anybody that would listen that the MG6 was actually a really good car.

“It’s a Rover so head gasket issues”, “Chinese crap”, “Maggie Thatcher” were the replies I usually got, I would argue back saying that it was the best chassis in its class, and tremendous value for money considering the kit you get for the money.

I first drove one at a Prodrive VIP test day organised by my local MG dealer for potential customers. Seeing what it is capable of on the track at the limit is amazing. I followed up that drive with a normal test drive and that confirmed it was the car for me.

The MG6 was always out of reach for me though, or so I thought. I went to test drive the MG3 at Longbridge and loved it. Sure, it wasn’t as fast as the MG6 but it was a darn sight faster than my 1.2 Fiesta. Anyway, after the drive we discussed figures. For me to buy an MG3 it would have to beat or match the £145 a month I am paying for my Fiesta (over 5 years, ome year into it at the moment) and it couldn’t unless I found £2000 for a deposit. So I ask about how cheap MG6s were these days. Salesman shows me an ex demo GT S for £6,995 with 17k miles on clock. I drive it and fall in love again and come back to discuss figures. To have the MG6 would cost me £1 cheaper per month. He matched what the finance company wanted to clear the finance on the Fiesta which saved me the £295 difference of what it was worth vs the finance balance.

I pick it up 12th october as I have paid for parking sensors to be fitted (SE and TSE have them, S does not) as my drive is small and the MG6 big.

I shall update with pics when I pick it up, if anybody is interested that is!

I am finally living the dream :)

www.adyj.co.uk

• #6173 Reply
    artill
    artill
    Participant

Pleased to hear you have got the car you have wanted for so long. Big depreciation can be your friend, when buying secondhand afterall. Keep us informed about it after you have it

• #6207 Reply
    The Colonel
    The Colonel
    Participant

“It’s a Rover so head gasket issues”, “Chinese crap”, “Maggie Thatcher” were the replies I usually got, I would argue back saying that it was the best chassis in its class, and tremendous value for money considering the kit you get for the money.

Maybe they were right to close the Forum, then?

I think both are tidy looking cars and almost certainly deserve better from the manufacturer/importer/distributer in the way the are marketed and “put out there”. I don’t think using Margaret Thatcher for marketing would work, though…”This car is not for turning” would probably be a bit of a liability. Oh, and she’s dead.

It’s always nice getting a new car. Enjoy it. Give us pictures, and a report.

"Who do you think is the most capable?"

"Capable of what?"

• #49237 Reply

Smithd223

My brother recommended I might like this website. He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks! ecckbdeegkkbgbcd

Reply To: Finally bought my dream car :)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1