fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Ford fusion 2010 car seat lever snapped

Home page 2023 Forums Technical Discussions Ford fusion 2010 car seat lever snapped

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Terri

Please someone help me I’m having a nightmare with my Ford Fusion car seat. The lever underneath the driver’s side that move the car forward and backwards has snapped off and is stuck all the back.

I can’t reach the pedals now and am having to use loads of cushions so that I can. I was told by someone at work that I should be able to lift it myself by using 2 screwdrivers. I have tried this, but I haven’t got a clue where to put the screwdrivers to lift it.

I took a look to see where the passenger side lifts and the tried it with the driver’s side, but nothing’s moving and I’m worried I may break the seat completely. I don’t know much about cars at all (apart from how to drive one) so if someone could please help me by explaining what I need to do, that would be amazing!

I really can’t afford to go to a mechanic at the moment and need my car for work :(

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Terri. You need to take your car to a mechanic or Ford dealer to get it fixed. Trying to drive with cushions and being unable to properly work the pedals is dangerous.

If you have breakdown cover, you could at least try calling them to see if they can fix it for you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Technical Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.