Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

ford options pcp finance

Home page 2023 Forums Car finance ford options pcp finance

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      michael madden

Hello car experts, if i buy a car from ford options with the option to pay off the balloon payment after two years, i am putting a large amount down on my choice of car,whilst i have the car, can i make modifications or upgrdes to the vehicle ?

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Michael. The finance agreement will probably bar you from making any modifications to the vehicle. As the vehicle doesn’t belong to you until you have paid off the whole debt (including the balloon), it’s not yours to modify.

Also don’t forget, any modifications may well invalidate your new or approved used car warranty.

Michael

Hi Stuart,

I purchased my car on PCP with Trust Ford back in June 2016.
      I was asked by the sales person how many miles i would be covering per year, which i said 15,000 per year,because i will be using it for work,which is what my mileage is set to on my insurance policy, he came back from the office in the showroom and said, can i afford £271 per month over 42 months, which i replied yes, i was assuming £271 per month over 42 months was with the 15,000 annual mileage i asked for.
      I signed all the documents at the end of the sale, after being in the showroom for 4 hours?
      without checking them through, silly of me trusting the sales person.
      Around 2 months after i noticed on my agreement with BlackHorse finance the annual mileage was
      was set for permitted maximum mileage (including mileage on delivery 29,919),
      mileage on the car when i drove away from showroom was 10,807, which now means that i only have around 19,000 for the 42 month period,
      excess mileage on my agreement is 7p per mile for first 4,999 miles the 14p per mile plus V.A.T for every mile over 4,999, when i return the car it will have covered around 52,500 miles over the 10,807 that was already on the mileometer, the extra mileage will incur around
      1st 4,999 over agreed mileage = £400 and then 28,500 over agreed mileage around = £4,800?
      I’ve contacted the Ombudsman and they have investigated with BlackHorse finance, and have said they can’t take the case on, i’ve also contacted BlackHorse finance and they have said i will be liable for the excess milage, also contacted Trust Ford showroom where i purchased the car from they said the sales person don’t work there anymore and he is the one who can sort it out? and was told it’s my word against his???
      I would be very grateful if you could advise if there was a way of sorting this out.

kind regards

Michael

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
        Participant

Hi Michael. Unfortunately, you didn’t read the contract before signing it and so you are now going to have to pay the price.

Unless you have any written proof that you wanted the agreement to be set at 15,000 miles per year, it is your word against the salesman’s, and you are not going to win that argument.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.