Buying a 2007 Cat D Skoda Octavia vRS

Home Forums Buying a Car Buying a 2007 Cat D Skoda Octavia vRS

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

malibu200786

Hello I’m looking at 2007 Skoda Octavia vRS, in the blue colour, which has the touchscreen satnav system in.
    The car itself had its cat D in 2009, only had 2 owners altogether.
    The last keeper since 2009.
    The car is the petrol 2.0 TFSI and has done 106000 miles, but only has very little service history with it I’m guessing because when it became a cat D they decided it wasn’t worth it to take it but just done it themselves.

The car is in really good condition, the engine is smooth it drives straight and smooth, the bodywork is in really good condition no dents or scratches, other than stone chips to the front end, but this is to be expected on a 2007 car I suppose?

The seller has offered £2800 with new mot and warranty
    Is this too much for a Cat D?

I went looking at a 2008 model with 136000 miles on it with full service history including 2 cambelt changes, but the bodywork was a lot more scratched and had quite a few small dents in it, and didn’t feel quite has smooth but wasn’t a Cat D, they want £3300.

• #114375 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Just on your description, I’d be going for the car with full service history and two recorded cambelt changes. Mechanical condition is a lot more important than some minor cosmetic issues.

The Cat D is probably not a problem in the car’s condition, but it may increase your insurance premium (depending on the insurer).

Ultimately, they’re both 9-10-year-old cars with 100,000+ miles on the clock. There is a reasonably high likelihood that whichever you choose, it will need a fair bit of money spent on maintenance and repair work over the next few years.

Reply To: Buying a 2007 Cat D Skoda Octavia vRS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1