Help please

Home Forums Buying a Car Help please

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Daniel Houlston

Hi

So just bit of help/advice needed.

Basically I have a 14 plate Insignia that I am trying to sell. I am wanting to downgrade this to a cheap runabout as it’s costing me too much to run really.

The problem I have is there is currently some finance on the vehicle so I’m havin a problem trying to trade it in.

I don’t have enough funds to pay off the finance or to buy a cheap car so need to exchange and pay off the finance at point of sale BUT this is proving to be tricky!! Anyone offer any advice?

• #118417 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel. If your finance settlement is more than the vehicle’s value, then you’ll have to come up with the difference. If the finance settlement is less than the vehicle’s value, you have got some equity in the car that you can use towards your next vehicle.

Dealers are used to managing finance settlements on part-exchange vehicles, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

For more information, have a read of this article:
    http://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/settle-a-pcp-early-2/

• #118564 Reply

Ron Napier

I just realized the Donut Spare tire for my car is 15 inches and the tires on the car are 16 inches. Is this common ? I think the original owner may have changed tire size. WILL this hurt my car if I use the 15 inch spare tire ? It does fit the bolt holes. Thank you.

• #119343 Reply
      Stuart Masson
      Stuart Masson
      Keymaster

Hi Ron. It depends on the overall wheel and tyre size, not just the wheel. It’s quite common, especially for space-saver spare wheels, for the spare to be a different specification to the main wheels.

As long as the overall rolling height is the same (so a smaller wheel with a taller-profile tyre compared to a larger wheel with a lower-profile tyre), it should be OK.

Your car’s owners manual should detail the approved tyre and wheel sizes.

Reply To: Help please

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1