How clever is your car key?

Home Forums Blogs How clever is your car key?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jan-Otto Hoel 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Fed up with rummaging through your pockets or handbag to find your car key? Mark Migliaccio explains how keyless systems work for unlocking and starting your car.

https://thecarexpert.co.uk/how-smart-is-your-car-key/

Do you have any car key fails to share?  Or tips on how to stop losing your car keys?  Join the discussion here!

• #3348 Reply
    Anna Conder
    Anna Conder
    Participant

I had one of those keyless things on a rental car once. I found it as bit disconcerting at first, but after a couple of days I appreciated the convenience of not having to fish around for keys all the time. My only concern is somebody being able to drive off in the car without the key.

• #4263 Reply

ladygodiva
    Participant

My Mazda 3 has this system. I cannot tell you what a God send it is when you’re carrying an 11 month old boy, changing bags etc etc.

I don’t need to worry about the key leaving the car as the minute it leaves the car, the car itself beeps and a message appears to let you know.

However, if the batteries happen to fail in the fob it’s a bit of a pain in the rear. :)

• #66702 Reply

Jan-Otto Hoel

The keyless-go system is great :-) but don’t accidently leave your key in the car (e.g. in a bag or a jacket)… Then anyone can open the doors and drive away…
    I checked out the following on my 2007 BMW: When the key is inside the car, the door refuses to lock. So fortunately, I will get a hint when trying to leave the keys in my car.

Reply To: How clever is your car key?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1