Huge scratch between deposit and hand over help?

Home Forums Any Other Business Huge scratch between deposit and hand over help?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

E Walsh

Hi, Could you help me? I just passed my test and went to a dealership to buy a used car. We noticed some faults and after he agreed to get the work done before we took ownership, we put a £200 pound deposit down and also requested the timing belt be renewed at our cost of £200. Since its been at the other garage which is carrying out the work it has been scratched the length of the two passenger side doors as it was parked outside over night for days. We live around the corner from this garage. I worry that if we tell them when they say its ready that there is a new substantial scratch when we arrive that he will not fix it. I have a photo of that side of the car from before it was sent to repairs showing no scratch. What shall I do? Can he tell us no? We may lose our deposit if he is difficult and we reject signing the car over to us until its done. It is deeply upsetting as its my first car.

• #109722 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

If the condition of the car is not the same as when you viewed it, you are entitled not to proceed with the purchase and should be entitled to your £200 back.

Reply To: Huge scratch between deposit and hand over help?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1