Hyundai Santa Fe intermittent fault

Home Forums Technical Discussions Hyundai Santa Fe intermittent fault

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  katie 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Amanda

My 10 year old 2.2L diesel Hyundai Santa Fe has had an intermittent fault for the past year. It initially started with loss of power and producing thick acrid black smoke. The next day this would have resolved and there would be no problem at all.

I had diagnostic tests at a diesel engine expert workshop; they couldn’t identify any problem. It is regularly serviced by the same garage over the past 7 years; they can’t identify any issue either. I make sure that the fuel doesn’t run low.

Over the past two weeks this problem seems to have worsened. Again, loss of power and acrid smoke, and again after resting for a few hours it seems to have resolved until the next time. Any ideas?

• #87093 Reply

guy

hi
    i have exactly the same issue, i accelerate no pickup and loads of black smoke. then next day the car seems ok then it goes back to problematic .
    hyundai santé fe 2003 crtdi
    if you get a fix can you come back to me?

• #96027 Reply

katie

hi we have expereienced sudden power loss/stalling/driving wheel locking or slowing in our 2010 diesel Hyundai Santa Fe. is anyone else aware of the problem of how to resolve it?

thanks!

Reply To: Hyundai Santa Fe intermittent fault

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1