Issues unlocking my 65-plate Škoda Fabia

Home Forums Technical Discussions Issues unlocking my 65-plate Škoda Fabia

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Sebastian zdroana

So i have a Skoda Fabia 65-plate 1.2 TSI

When i turn the car off after driving and take the key out the doors can be opened from the inside however for example, I’m driving with my friend, he’s in the passengers seat and we stop, i turn the engine off and take the keys out of the ignition, he gets out, now lets say he forgets his jacket on the back seat and wants to get it. If he tries opening the back door it’s locked and if i try unlocking the doors via the key the open button won’t work. The lock button does work. I can unlock the doors by pressing the lock button inside the car twice. Now if this is the case then it’s not that much of a problem but if I’m on my own and forget to press the lock button then it can be annoying to walk back to the drivers door to unlock the car… it’s annoying.

I realise i don’t know the car inside out so maybe theres a secret method to making the key unlock the doors?

Children’s safety lock is off btw

• #96826 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Sebastian. Sounds like your remote may be faulty. If it’s a 65-plate car, it should be covered under your New Car Warranty, so any Škoda dealer should be able to sort this out for you.

Reply To: Issues unlocking my 65-plate Škoda Fabia

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1