Jaguar 2009 2,7 TDvi or Jaguar XF 3.0 TD?

Home Forums Buying a Car Jaguar 2009 2,7 TDvi or Jaguar XF 3.0 TD?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

ciprian
    Participant

Hy! I have a Jaguar X-type 2.2 D 2006 but I have to upgrade it. I’m thinking to go for an Xj 2.7 TDVi 2009 or XF 3.0 D. I asked somebody who works with Jaguar cars and he told me that I’d better go for another type of car. But I really like Jaguar cars. Please can you help me make the choise?

• #67035 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

The XJ is a better (and bigger) car than the XF, but the 3.0d diesel engine in the XF is a better engine than the 2.7d in the XJ.

Both cars are bigger than your current X-Type, and both engines are better than your current 2.2d.

The XJ basically looks like a larger version of your current car, whereas the XF was the first of Jaguar’s new-style saloons, so there is quite a visual difference between the two. The XF is probably cheaper to run, and will probably be cheaper to repair if things go wrong – the XJ has more advanced technology and a lightweight aluminium body, but these things will make it more costly to fix if broken or damaged.

I definitely suggest having a drive of both. The XJ is a more luxurious car, and will feel nicer – which is not surprising, as its new price was about £60K. The XF will probably feel closer to your current car, although with a different look.

Reply To: Jaguar 2009 2,7 TDvi or Jaguar XF 3.0 TD?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1