Land Rover discovery

Home Forums Technical Discussions Land Rover discovery

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Archie wilson

i bought my land rover discovery brand new in February 2015 with only tens of miles on the clock. Since then the electrics failed after three weeks and now the engine failed on the way to work. It is under warranty and they say the engine needs replaced. I’ve lost all faith in this car and am worried about engine replacement. What should I do and do I have any grounds of complaint that will hold traction.

• #112963 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Archie. You haver had the car for more than two years (despite the low mileage), so rejecting it under the Consumer Rights Act is likely to be difficult. Your warranty is there to cover these sorts of expenses, which is lucky as a new engine would cost many thousands of pounds.

Discoverys do have a poor reputation for electrical issues. When I worked for a Land Rover dealer, I had a customer whose brand new Discovery 4 HSE had complete electrical failure within 12 hours of picking it up. Our workshop just shrugged, said it was the third one that month.

Reply To: Land Rover discovery

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1