Mis-sold Diesel with DPF problems (Range Rover Evoque)

Home Forums Car Reviews Mis-sold Diesel with DPF problems (Range Rover Evoque)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 2 months ago.

• Author

Jackie Walsh

I raised a complaint about my new car, a Range Rover Evoque, purchased in March 2017.

This vehicle although brand new went in for repair on the 19/6/2017 for a DPF fault and regeneration. I was told by the recovery technician that it was the way I drive it. This was despite me telling him my previous car was also a Range Rover Evoque owned from new that I had for 3 years driven in the same way and mileage with service records to support this but never encountering this problem. I was given no advice or explanation when i collected my car.

Less than 8 weeks later the same fault occurred. This is a 2nd fault in 5-month-old car and I contacted the dealer and the manufacturer to reject the vehicle
    Initially I was asked by the dealer to take the vehicle back and test it. I refused on the grounds that despite my job requires some motorway journeys this was was happening only days after I had undertaken 100 mile journeys on motorways but also i did not purchase a vehicle that i would have to build in journeys on a weekly basis as this is how often the DPF light was coming on changing to red and losing power.

I was warned when I purchased this vehicle about the adblue. I was never warned about anything else. In fact on 2 occasions I raised with the dealer concerns with diesels given media coverage and was assured both occasions I had nothing to worry about. My previous Evoque was also a diesel with no problems. Manufacturer initially said they were doing some figures for refund. I was also asked would I consider having another Range Rover but would not commit. I have been contacted today by a different person in Land Rover to say that it is not a fault but it’s the way I drive it. I have rejected this and requested all the information be sent to me by email.

• #120112 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Jackie. Based on your description of your driving, I wouldn’t expect the DPF to be filling up and requiring manual regeneration in that time. It sounds like there may be a more fundamental problem with the vehicle.

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1