DS 3 MOT, service & health check

Home Forums Blogs DS 3 MOT, service & health check

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

Juliette M

Hi, I booked my DS3 in for an MOT & service at a main Citroen dealership a few weeks ago. They had the car overnight. The next day I received a phone message & email saying that I needed ‘urgent’ work doing & asking for my permission. Obviously this looked like it was in order to pass the MOT so I agreed to the work.

When I picked it up the next day I realised that it had passed its MOT the day before, with one advisory saying brake discs worn but ‘not seriously weakened’. The work they had stated was urgent came to £660 on top of the MOT & service price & included two tyres with the lowest measurement of tread being 3mm & 2.6mm.

I fail to see how the tyres & brakes were urgent as it had passed its MOT. I have written to complain & they did respond but don’t agree with me & say that the MOT does not mean that its roadworthy for the life of the certificate & refer me to the society for the prevention of accidents. They say the repairs were necessary & followed Citroens Service standards & guidelines.

Surely this should have been an advisory for later in the year but not ‘urgent’ in order for me to pick the car up that day? Can anyone help with advice?

• #85142 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Juliette. There is absolutely no way that they would need to replace tyres with those tread depths. The brake issue would require more information, but it seems unlikely that it was ‘urgent’ and in need of immediate action.

They obviously can’t guarantee a car will remain MOT-compliant for the life of its certificate – anything could go wrong or break in the coming 12 months. Plus they have no idea what sort of mileage you are going to cover in the next year, so it could be that those tyres will be absolutely fine.

Assuming everything you have said is true, it sounds like they were trying to pull a fast one by frightening you into getting the work done to boost their workshop profits.

Take up your complaint with the dealer principal or general manager, rather than the service advisor or service manager. If you still don’t get a satisfactory answer, contact Citroën UK’s head office about the behaviour of the dealership. This should get you a resolution, but if not, the next step is the ombudsman.

Hope it gets resolved swiftly; let us know how you get on.

Reply To: DS 3 MOT, service & health check

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1