MOT

Home Forums Buying a Car MOT

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Phil Carling

I’m interested in a 2010 Citroen C4 picasso which I had a test drive in yesterday. Haven’t decided if I’m gonna buy it yet but when I checked the MOT history online it was MOT’d in September 2015 and passed with 2 advisories on tyres. It was then MOT’d again in November 2015 and passed with no advisories. Anyone any idea why 2 MOT’s would be carried out within 6 weeks ?

Thanks for any advice !

• #103975 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

It can happen if the has been moved between dealerships, or if the car was sold but then came back for any reason. It could be a mistake and it wasn’t supposed to be sent again (that definitely happens, and the MOT station is unlikely to complain about being paid to do the same car again!).

You should definitely ask why it was put through two MOT tests in the space of six weeks, and whether new tyres were fitted before the second test (although there are inconsistencies in the tests and the low tread may not have been picked up by the second tester).

Reply To: MOT

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1