Motor show gems

Home Forums Any Other Business Motor show gems

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  harf 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

harf
    Participant

Pls forgive me, as this is prob v poor forum etiquette to just post-post-post but this is about another different subject – forgiven?

So a couple of weekends ago some one at work noticed that the Italian Auto Moto Club were doing a show in Bristol city centre. So i took my 2yo and 5yo boys along to have a look. What a show! I was blown away by the quality of the cars on display. It prob helped that the weather was good.

There was a Lancia and Abarth street, a Maserati and Ferrari street, an Alfa and Fiat street, not to mention of course the Lamborghini street.

I’m an annual Geneva visitor which i just love, but this was completely different and more wonderful altogether. All the cars look great in the Geneva show halls but it;s something else to see a Diablo, a Murcielago, a Countach and a bright orange Aventador parked side by side in a city centre street.

Hard to choose favourites as the quality was so high but i think the Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato (so that’s where the Hyena inspiration came from), the pretty Fiat Dino and the awesome orange Aventador were definite highlights.

There’s a gallery of photos on their site below:
    https://www.biamf.co.uk/gallery13.html

So i can recommend it if they’re coming your way.

Anyone else know of similar small scale motor show gems? Either past or future.

Hoping to get down to Auto Italia at Brooklands with my brother tomorrow but sick child is making logisitics less straightforward unfortunately (for me and him).

• #4064 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

harf wrote:</div>Pls forgive me, as this is prob v poor forum etiquette to just post-post-post but this is about another different subject – forgiven?

Please, feel free to post as often as you like. The more, the merrier!

And the Italian Auto Moto day in Bristol sounds fantastic.

• #4083 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Did you get to Brooklands on Saturday, harf?

There are plenty of club gatherings at Brooklands throughout the year, well worth attending.

• #4092 Reply

harf
    Participant

If only.

Family Weekend was aborted when my 2yo boy started being sick at 1.30am on Friday and didn’t stop until 8am Sat morning – poor fella. Wasn’t quite as bad as it sounds – I don’t think – but he wasn’t happy.

So we missed Auto Italia which meant not Going in my brothers mint 1995 Delta Integrale. One of the run-out editions with a factory chip to 260bhp. It is a fantastic car! Dehumidified garage, battery on trickle charge, 3000 miles a year if that. An unusual aquamarine blue with beige leather winged Recaro buckets.

A ONE owner car. He bought it brand new from a dealer in London! I bet he never thought he’d see the day when it’s value inches closer and closer back to the original price.

Reply To: Motor show gems

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel

Lost Password

Tweet
Stumble
+1